From 1982 – 1983
- Department of Fine Art, North Staffordshire University; Department of Fine Art, Kingston Upon Thames University; Falmouth School of Fine Art; Department of Art and Design, Lincoln University.
From 1982 – 1983
- Artist In Residence -Bedford Borough Council and Bedfordshire County Council
- I established a Residency post at Bedford County Library in Bedford, to record the daily life of the town’s citizens.
From 1983 1984
- Fellowship – The Artescape Trust, Lincoln, United Kingdom
- The Fellowship provided me with a period of seclusion to continue to develop work inspired by the theme of Victory and Defeat, which was exhibited at the Imperial War Museum, London in 1983-84. The Fellowship also provided me with periods of teaching Honours Degree students at Lincoln University’s Fine Art Department and the use of their printmaking facilities.
From August 1984 – September 1985
- Artist In Residence -University of Bishop Grosse Teste, Lincoln, United Kingdom.
- The Residency hosted an exhibition of the work. As well as developing my practice among Hons Degree and Masters students, I run workshops, hosted regular seminars, as part of the modular course programme and gave presentations of my work to students and staff.
From 1984 – 1985
- Artist In Residence – Walton School Peterborough, UK
From 1986 – 2012
- The Art Studio, Sunderland
From 1991 – 1992
- Board of Management: Northern Centre for Contemporary Art
1992 – 1993
- Winston Churchill Travel Award – research and development, to Barcelona and San Sebastian, Spain.
- From 1979 – 1982
- Royal College of Art
- From 1975 – 1978
- Coventry University Fine Art, (formerly Lanchester Polytechnic)
- From 1974 -1975
- Loughborough University